Southwest Leadership Academy Plans to Open for In-Person Instruction on September 8th. Classes will run from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Unless Governor Ducey issues an Executive Order again delaying the opening of school, SLA will open on Monday, September 8th with numerous precautions.
* Students and staff must wear a facial mask which the school will provide.
* Students will return their facial mask daily and receive a new one in the morning.
* Each student will be given their own water bottle to use at school.
* Bathrooms will be cleaned frequently.
* Temperatures will be taken upon entry and throughout the day.
* Classes will be two hours long to minimize the interaction among students.
* Breakfast and lunch will be served in the classrooms.
* At the end of each class, students & staff will wipe down all touch areas.
* Hand sanitizers will be in each classroom and throughout the school.
* Social distancing will be enforced to the greatest extent possible.
* Each day each classroom will be disinfected using a fogging machine.
* Gloves and facial shields will be available to any student or staff who requests them.
* Students will be given access to clothes washers and driers to wash their clothes daily.
* If you choose not to have your student attend school in person, they will be allowed to attend school remotely. This is not as effective as being at school but it is a choice a parent may make.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. Gregory Fowler, Principal – firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-265-2000